Tuesday, September 11, 2007

So long Wordgirl, it's been fun!


For the last year-and-a-half, I've been working at the fine animation studio, Soup 2 Nuts. During the last six-plus months, I've been working as a thumbnail artist on the great new show, The Colossal Adventures of Wordgirl. During this time, I've learned a ton about production, story, animation, and design.

However, I've decided to hang up the old saddle/wacom pen and head off into the sunset. I am taking a sabbatical hoping to work on my writing and artwork. I want to push my work into children's animation and publishing, and I found that after an 8-10 hour day, I was too pooped to focus on my own art. I think every artist faces this at one time or another. It's a bit of a risk, but I'm excited for the creative days that lie ahead. I am now a fulltime freelancer so I hoping to balance my own work with side projects.

I'll try to keep the work coming...although some of it's top secret...sorry.

1 comment:

Henrik Borg said...

Good for you Dave. I love your work and look forward to seeing more of it. Good luck!
/Henrik