Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Lewis Carroll and Serendipity

So a couple weeks ago, I was doodling away at Starbucks. A lady saw that I was drawing and asked if she could take a peek. I agreed and she began to tell me that she was also an artist (a writer). Sadi went on to mention that she was close to finishing a biography of Lewis Carroll, which will be published in NYC and London this summer. Make a long story short, she contacted me last week and wants me to do some quirky illustrations for the book. I whipped up this test sketch of the Caterpillar in my sketchbook yesterday, and I did the coloring this afternoon. I don't think I'm going to with this style, but I thought it was a fun experiment. I'll upload more tests in the coming weeks.


2 comments:

ragazza said...

the drawing / shaded one of the Caterpillar is marvelous... really amazing work. I can't wait to see the rest as they develop... be in touch soon! ~~ Sadi

Justin Cichon said...

Woah looks amazing!!! looking forward to seeing more of these!